Membership at MakeOffices means more than just a desk or an office to park your laptop. It means having a place where your work environment can supplement a healthy lifestyle, where you are part of an inclusive, supportive community, and where you genuinely feel happy to come to work every day. For those with busy schedules, it’s difficult to make these factors a priority no matter how important they are.
One of the ways we strive to make membership a holistic experience is through our ‘How-To’ series, a resource for our members to build community and continue their education through honing new skills, and learning workplace best practices and lifestyle tips. As part of last month’s series, Relay Foods, a healthy online grocery store with a mission to make eating quality, healthy, sustainable food simple, joined us at our MakeOffices Bethesda location for a lunch-and-learn tutorial.
Instead of grabbing for a sandwich or fast food takeout, members learned how to make a quick and easy strawberry arugula mason jar salad. The recipe is perfect for summer and is a great meal prep tip for busy people on the go. The mason jar serves as more than just a trendy decoration, but is a convenient way to pack all of the salad ingredients (including dressing!) in one container without fear of soggy lettuce and leakage.
Just grab a mason jar, fresh ingredients, and take on the day! Visit the Relay Foods website for more mason jar salad recipes, including:
- Southwest Salad With Cumin-Tahini Dressing
- Carrot Slaw Salad With Watercress and Chickpeas
- Beet, Orange, Blue Cheese and Pea Shoot Salad
- Squash, Beet, and Goat Cheese Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- Squash, Bean, and Barley Salad With Mustard Dressing
Thanks to Relay Foods, It’s easy to make these salad recipes at home for a convenient, easy way to jumpstart your health kick. Try one of the delicious mason jar recipes today!
Strawberry Arugula Salad
Yields 4 Servings | Ready in: 15 mins
5 oz. arugula
1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup feta, crumbled
1 avocado, cubed
1/2 cup pecans, or other nut of choice, chopped
1-2 Tbsp. almond oil, or oil of choice
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large salad bowl, toss arugula, strawberries, cilantro, feta, avocado, and pecans.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oil, pepper, and lemon juice. If a sweeter dressing is preferred try adding a dash of honey or sugar.
- Slowly pour dressing over the salad mixture, toss, and enjoy.
Kid-Friendly Prep Suggestions
Omit the cilantro, lemon juice, and black pepper