We’re thrilled to announce the opening of MakeOffices at the Wharf, our new, flagship coworking office space in Washington, DC’s newest and most exciting neighborhood. This will be our eight coworking space in the Washington, DC metro area, emphasizing our commitment to the local entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups, and Fortune 500s to deliver the resources and runway they need to grow their businesses.
Coworking and Private Offices For Freelancers and Fortune 500s
Ideally located at 800 Maine Avenue SW, MakeOffices at the Wharf features 44,000 square feet of coworking office space over two floors. It has 99 private offices with lots of natural light with the largest fitting 18 people, six conference rooms with the largest accommodating up to 20 people, four team rooms, six audio-visual booths, and ten private call rooms.
Based on member feedback, we’re also rolling out 48 dedicated desks in a private, locked area so members can have their own workstations and leave their possessions. We’ll also have the usual support spaces including two wellness rooms, two relaxation rooms with massage chairs, and a soundproof recording studio.
There is a pantry on each floor connected by a staircase overlooking the Wharf’s District Square, the shopping hub of the neighborhood with a fountain and seating area in the center, while also offering biophilic vistas of District Pier. Members also have access to 800 Maine’s rooftop amenity space, with an outdoor courtyard overlooking the waterfront and some of the best panoramic views of the city.
Located in the Heart of the Wharf DC
MakeOffices at the Wharf is in the heart of the Wharf development, with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options within walking distance. We’re located next to the iconic Politics and Prose bookstore. Looking for a good spot to take clients out? You can’t go wrong at Requin by Mike Isabella, Del Mar, or Mi Vida. There are some great lunch spots, including a Shake Shack and Taylor Gourmet. Unwind for some drinks at the end of a long day at Kirwan’s Irish Pub (started by a former Guinness employee), H Bar at the Hyatt, or the Potomac Distilling Company.
More than just a coworking space, we want MakeOffices at the Wharf to be a resource and amenity to the surrounding development and growing neighborhood. Nearby residents should use the space for their office, meeting, event, or touchdown space. We also want to cultivate the community aspect of coworking outside the two floors of our space, by partnering with the new businesses in the area, from restaurants to yoga studios, to create the foundation that will ultimately become DC’s next great neighborhood.
As a reminder, you get the following benefits of being a member at MakeOffices at the Wharf:
- Turnkey, furnished, move-in ready coworking office space with the infrastructure you need included in your monthly rent: Fast WiFi, 24/7 access, conference room use, printing/copying/scanning, private call rooms. Spend your valuable time focusing on your business, not managing an office.
- Flexible, month-to-month lease terms that keep your overhead low.
- Workspaces designed for productivity and privacy – Actual physical walls between offices, not glass, and frosting on the glass doors so you can get work done while not looking at or hearing your neighbors.
- Add space/downgrade as you need. Don’t waste your money on space that goes unused.
- All-inclusive amenities to relax and refuel – free coffee, tea, beer, filtered water, massage chairs, relaxation rooms, wellness rooms.
- Member breakfasts, happy hours, and organic networking opportunities to meet like-minded professionals and make connections.
- No hidden fees or charges.
- Access to the other MakeOffices locations in the Washington, DC metro area, Chicago, and Philadelphia at no extra charge through the MakeOffices passport.
We’re excited to start 2018 by planting a flag at the Wharf, and think you will be too. Book a tour today and get opening specials before they’re gone.